This is a very late example of a 6-wheeled carriage. The body is wooden, and is a typical Highland Railway economical design in which vertical match boarding is used instead of exterior panels.
It has three third class and three first class compartments, and no corridor or lavatories. The end first class compartment is an unusual "coupé" with one bench seat and end windows.
No.89 (an incorrect number is carried by the coach) was built for service between Inverness and the resort town of Strathpeffer, and still carries the town's name on its solebars. It was withdrawn from passenger service in 1944, and an external restoration was carried in out at Inverurie Works in 1966 to full Highland Railway livery. Compartment partitions were fitted at that time, and sample fittings and upholstery obtained from a contemporary coach body which was in use in Glasgow as a Scout hut. The body is 36ft long.